Sunday, August 12, 2007

Utah and Eclipse

Well, we're here in Utah, we arrived yesterday and got everything moved out of the Uhaul and into the house. Scott drove the Uhaul down with his dad in one day and his mom rode with me and the kids in the minivan and we made it a two day trip. The kids did great, mostly because Angela (my mom in law) brought her laptop to play movies on :). The kids watched Cars, Curious George, Cinderella and a couple of the Leap Frog learning movies ! Lots and lots of movie time, normally that's something I would never allow, so this was a pretty big stretch for me, but I think I handled it well :). We've got a lot of unpacking and organizing to do so we'll be very busy this week.

We got to attend our ward today and meet lots of friendly people, a family even brought cookies over tonight, does that happen anywhere else besides Utah :) ? Gina's family invited us all over for dinner tonight, bless her heart, it was yummy and very much needed; most of our kitchen stuff is still in boxes.

On a different note, I bought and read Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse last week just before we moved and it was fabulous! Though I am a little angry with a couple of characters in the book :), I know they're fake but they seem so real. Also my brother's came to visit last week from New York and South Dakota so I'll be posting a blog about our time together once I locate our camera. Alright, well it's 10pm here and that means it's past my bed time. G'night!