Tuesday, October 25, 2011

12 Weeks

I am 12 weeks now. Still not feeling fabulous, but I am feeling better than I was a few weeks ago and there are some times during the day where I feel pretty normal. But light nausea is with me many times throughout the day, though usually at night. If I don't go to bed by about 930 or 10pm, the nausea increases. Here are a couple of pictures I took recently. I try and hide my tummy area right now by wearing sweatshirts or loose cardigans over another shirt because when I wear my normal clothes, I just look like I've gotten lazy in my diet and exercise routine...which I have, so actually I am getting fat, with just a little bit of baby :). Scott and I were talking about how we think my belly is kind of like a balloon that's been blown up before and it's all stretched out and when I get pregnant again it blows up a lot easier and faster than it did the first time I was pregnant. I know this isn't the case with everyone; but it seems to be with me.

Here I am with my cardigan, trying to cover things up but actually just looking kinda frumpy.

And another picture with the cardigan pulled to the side. And just for the record, when I went to the doctor's office last week I had in fact gained 10 pounds. That's a good amount of weight to put on in the first couple of months. And I probably will gain another 30-40 over the next 6 months. Not my favorite thing about pregnancy. Oh, and I thought I'd share with you as I did with Scott this morning that I had a nightmare last night that I was picking up one of my kids from a birthday party and there were all these leftover cupcakes and pastries sitting on tables with no one in sight, completely tempting me, and I can't remember for sure, but I think I ate some. Can you tell I'm struggling internally with this? I am still trying to eat healthy most of the time(though I am eating more refined sugar right now than I'd like to admit. I hate sugar. It's so addicting!), but when you eat so many more calories than you used to(b/c I feel nauseous if I'm not eating every couple of hours and I always have a weird taste in my mouth which makes me feel like I need to eat more to get rid of it) and exercise so much less than you used to, it's going to show. And it does :). But I can promise you this: I am going to work really hard to get all the weight off once I've had the baby. Sorry about this venting post. I think once I get through this nasty first part of pregnancy(let's hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy) I will feel better about things because I'll be able to exercise regularly again and eat better foods, and less. Having good health is such a blessing. Experiences like this always increase my appreciation for good health.