Scott and I were married 17 years ago which was the best choice ever...either that or continuing to choose each other each day. Life has been a joyful adventure with Scott by my side and it keeps getting better. A great marriage takes continual work and care but it pays off. I'm looking forward to an eternity together. I like this quote on love and marriage: "Love is a verb. The feeling of love is the fruit of love...Listen. Empathize. Appreciate. It's your choice." - Stephen Covey.
Scott and I took a much needed, highly anticipated anniversary overnighter to Bear Lake. We went 'glamping' for the first time at Conestoga Ranch. I'm not much of a camper, but we both like to experience new things so we gave it a try. If you like camping but not all the work that goes behind camping, this might be a nice thing for you. But for me, it just felt like over-priced camping so we probably won't do that again, but we still had a great time and enjoyed ourselves, our conversations and activities.
The last time I went tubing was when I was 14. I went with my youth group and I took a tumble and got the rope around my neck, underwater, for a few scary seconds and was left with a HUGE rope burn all over my neck. All these years later and I still got a littler nervous as I sat on the tube, but I had made sure to share the experience I'd had with our friend, who was the driver. All was safe and we had a great time.
On our way out, we stopped at Ruca's for lunch. We shared a raspberry Aebleskiver for dessert.