Wednesday, September 26, 2007

20 month old twins?

I've decided that raising Charles must be like raising twins, or maybe even triplets. Over the past few weeks he has learned how to open the fridge, oven, dishwasher and all the doors, and besides that he's a terrific climber, a bit of a daredevil and has some how managed to get through (well, more like tear down and take part of the wall paint with it) things like baby gates. This has taken baby proofing to a whole new level. I'm not really sure what to do anymore, I might just end up buying a big cage for him to play in because otherwise I'm literally running around chasing him every minute of the day that he's awake or not strapped down in his booster seat eating. By the time Elisabeth learned how to do all that stuff, she was old enough to understand why she shouldn't be getting into them and the consequences if she did. Charles on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to control his curiosity, and doesn't seem to mind living with the consequences. I think he's just physically advanced for his mental age (a more positive way of putting it, eh? :)), hopefully a couple of months time will do the trick.