Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Forgotten Carols, and other Christmas Festivities

Elisabeth's date night month was November, but since we don't schedule any of the children for December, and since Michael McLean's The Forgotten Carols musical is only running in December and Elisabeth enjoys playing the piano music from that musical, we decided to switch her date night to December for this year and Elisabeth and I had a night out! (Normally Scott would come too, but this was a more expensive date)
 Elisabeth and I thoroughly enjoyed our time together; we're both fans of musicals. And we brought our copy of his piano music and our book for him to sign after the show.
 Saturday morning was our ward Christmas party breakfast. And this couple here, Stacey and Mark Haggin, are amazing and inspirational. Stacey hadn't been to our church for 30ish years before I came to her home a few months ago as her visiting teacher. Since then she's been coming to church regularly, started taking the discussions, and her husband, who has never been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is also taking the discussions. They've both made a lot of changes over the past few months which has brought peace and joy into their lives. It is a real joy for me to be able to spend time with them and be present during the missionary discussions.
Elisabeth is in Junior High and has made a couple of new, good friends. Saturday night Julia came with us to Sydney's dance recital (both of which are newer friends). I met Sydney once before, but this was my first time meeting Julia, though I feel like I knew them already, because they both have cell phones and Elisabeth gave them my number and they text her daily...after our forgotten carols play I had 69 new text messages on my phone :). 


No comments: