Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Overnight Oats, Tree, Pumpkin Patch

A neighbor I run with has overnight oats in a jar, once or twice a week, and I'd heard about them before from other friends, so I decided to give them a try this week. And I really liked them. It was nice to have a filling, and healthy meal/snack that I could grab out of the fridge and eat, especially since I'm often busy and so by the time lunch rolls around, I'm really hungry and don't always feel like taking the time to make a big salad or something else. In this recipe I had: 1/2 c rolled oats, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 2/3 c almond milk, 1/3 c plain greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup, 1/4 of an apple grated. Then I stir it up and put it in the fridge for 4+ hours, more like 8 if you do quick steel cut oats. 
 We transplanted this tree to our backyard on Saturday from our friends the Wilcox's house, and Sunday morning it was leaning against the fence. I think we need stakes. Whoops! We will fix that asap.
 Saturday morning before we did the tree, Scott and I ran 11 miles. Scott is preparing for his first half marathon in two weeks so we've been doing long runs together on Saturdays. So needless to say, at the end of the day, after digging up trees and digging holes for trees and running around, we were so ready for bed. But before bed, we had told the kids we'd take them to a pumpkin patch, and so we did.




No comments: