Wednesday, October 12, 2016

N date, firepit, headstands and Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle for book club

About a week ago, Elisabeth and I went with our friends Gina and Sara to the Salute to Youth symphony concert in SLC. We met up there with her piano teacher and lots of her other students so we could support Matthew who was one of the three pianists chosen to play with the utah symphony. It was amazing!
 October is Nora's date month and she decided on Sweet Tomatoes, probably because they have a soft serve machine :); which is fine with me because I love all their soups and salads and if we're being completely honest, their blueberry muffins and tapioca pudding!  Since she's at home all day, we decided to do a lunch date rather than dinner. It worked out perfectly and she(and we all) had a wonderful time. They just really love and soak up that one-on-one time with mom and dad.
 Monday night as part of FHE, we used our newly built fire pit! It turned out great, we love the way it looks and it's larger-than-our-last-firepit size. Tearing out the sod was a beast for Scott and I, but it looks great now and we're happy with how it all turned out.
The girls and I like to do head stands and handstands. We documented it this week :). They also love to do sommersaults and other acrobatic things, but I tend to get dizzy with a lot of those other things that require a lot of movement.


 I hosted book club at my house this past Thursday. We read The Anatomy of Peace by the Arbinger Institute. I had read another one of their books, Leadership and Self Deception, awhile back and really liked it. I served fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and mandarin oranges with a little bit of their juice, drizzled with a little honey) and these 1/2 pint-sized gingerbread pumpkin trifles. They are amazingly yummy! Scott and I have made gingerbread multiple times over the past couple of weeks because we just love it (put a little coconut whipped cream on top and it's perfection). This is layered with gingerbread, then a pumpkin puree and whipped cream spice mix, and then whipped cream, repeated.


No comments: