Friday, August 26, 2016

Mom's(Granny) visit, Mini Triathlon, Italian mission reunion, stake conference

I'm a bit behind on this blog, but I will do my best to catch up this week, and since the kids are back to school, I think I can do it! 

My mom and brother came from a visit from WA and NY so that we could attend BYU education week...more on that later. My mom arrived first and was here to congratulate us at the end of our mini triathlon. This is the multi-stake one that is free and that we did last year. This is a picture of me and my good friend Elisa L before the race. 
And this is my good friend Gina (she was one of my first visiting teachers after I was married) and Elisabeth. This was Elisabeth's first ever triathlon even and she did amazing! After I finished the race (and I got the same time as last year, which was a little disappointing because I wanted a PR, but at least this time I placed 3rd for women which was fun), I got some water and waited to see Elisabeth come in on her bike. Once she came in on her bike, I took off my number and I ran the 2 miles with her again so that I could help her a long with words of encouragement :). It's exhausting and I'd trained with her prior, so I knew this would be a little bit of a struggle for her. But she jogged the whole 2 miles and she finished in 1 hour and 2 minutes!!! Awesome Elisabeth! She was so happy and proud of herself. 
I finished at 43:29 and Scott at 45:05 which was a PR for him! We all loved it and are looking forward to doing it again next year. 

That night, Scott had an Italian mission reunion at his mission presidents home in SLC. Not everyone wanted to go along so we left a couple at home with Granny and the rest of us went and ate and visited for a couple of hours and had a nice time. They had an outdoor pizza oven going so I went out and watched the Italian family that was cooking everything up. The pizzas were amazing! I love the crust and the toppings were so good too! I had one that had a little balsalmic vinagerette and apricots, another that had very thinly sliced potatoes with rosemary and so many more fun flavors. I was kinda in heaven :).
Here with are with President and sister Pacini.
We got home just in time to head over to our stake conference for just the adults (the kids stayed home and watched a movie), and then the next morning was stake conference for the whole family. As always, we went away feeling uplifted and edified and wanting to be a little better.


No comments: