Monday, December 28, 2015

Finished the Book of Mormon, started the Old Testament and Gingerbread decorating

I finished reading the Book of Mormon last Sunday December 20! It took me about 4-5 months and I absolutely loved spending extra time searching, studying and pondering all the many scriptures about Jesus Christ and the gospel truths. Even though I've read it many times before, reading it through quickly helped increase my understanding. I started a new challenge the next day: read the Old Testament in 6 months. That means I need to read 6 pages a day and so far I've done it. I think it seems more doable now that I've built up my length of time to read and study scriptures and will usually go for about 45 minutes to an hour each morning, sometimes longer. I'm only in Genesis so far and have read about Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot etc, but wow, there are some interesting and odd stories in there that I'm trying hard to 'liken' to our days...it takes more pondering and praying to do that :), but it's possible! I love the scriptures and the truths they teach; it helps so much in all areas of my life by teaching me to be more like our Savior who is loving, good and kind in every way.

This past week before Christmas, Scott made gingerbread man cookies one night and we all decorated one and brought the other to our friends house the following day, where we shared and decorated them, along with gingerbread houses.





It was so much fun; I think we'll have to make this a yearly tradition.



 I loved watching their creative side come out as they each decorated their own, individual houses.

 This is my good friend Elisa; we've been good friends for over 8 years now and I love her dearly. I think we enjoyed making and decorating houses just as much, or even more so, than the kids :).

 This was my 'gingerbread' house (actually graham cracker).

And me and the kids completed houses:

And just for my records, here is much of the kids art they've made over the month. I keep it all in one spot which is on the door of our pantry. I love all of it!

No comments: