Monday, November 16, 2015

Grandpa's Sarape, exercise, Ponderize Week 6, Snow, Thanksgiving Tree, Sight Words

When we were out in Washington for my dad's funeral, we picked out a couple of his things to bring home with us as remembrance items. I really wanted dad's sarape, the green one he used every day on the couch and on his bed to keep him warm and my siblings were kind enough to let me have it. All my kids use it regularly, as do I, when I can get it from them :).
I took this picture after a Bob Harper dvd workout. I was dripping sweat, as usual when I do his workouts. I do different exercises different days of the week because I like variety. I go to a Zumba class Tuesday and Saturday mornings, I'll usually run one day, do a video one day and then do weights or go to a different exercise class on the other day. 6 days a week, and I try and go for 45 minutes to an hour each time. I love when I work hard enough to work up a good sweat.
This is the scripture Jane choose for us to Ponderize during week 6; 1 Nephi 3:7.
It snowed this past week! Not enough to stick to the roads but enough that the kids wanted to be out in it. It was snowing when school started and the kids still wanted to walk to school, which is good because I might have made them anyway (I like to them walk as often as possible; it's good exercise and it's good for the soul).
Our Thankful Thanksgiving tree is up and covered in leaves with things we are thankful for, some of which are: family, Jesus, prophets, school, soccer, Blendtec (that's mine :)), home, cozy bed, temples, scriptures, church, friends, food, music and much more.
I made these sight word strips for Annabelle when she was in kindergarten, and saved them, so I pulled them out this week and we stuck them on the wall, with a little tacky, in our kitchen where we are the most. Within just a couple of days she had most of them memorized.

No comments: