Monday, July 13, 2015

Roadtrip to WA 3

My lil sister Becca took a few inches off Nora today and gave her a very cute stacked bob. It'll be a nice, cool (literally) summer do.

I hit the weight room with my big bro, Luis, and nephew Denali. I dead-lifted about 50lbs and felt pretty good about myself until luis threw several 45lbs on his heavier bar and was lifting over 300lbs. smile emoticon it's all good, I was just happy to be with them, learning so much.

Mini donuts at Pike Place and the water fountain at the Seattle Center are always favorites.

Ivars on the water for lunch.

Last month Elisabeth mentioned that some day she wanted to be in a parade. There's a parade in my hometown each year, and they start with a kiddie parade where families can walk with children, so we all got in our red, white and blue gear and walked in the 4th of July parade.

My parents had a few house projects that needed to be done and Scott's always happy to help and good with his hands, so he fixed a few holes in the walls, caulked a sink and put a new screen on the sliding glass door.
Cora and Nora had fun giggling and playing together.

On the evening of the fourth we went to my sister's in-laws home for a BBQ with several of their friends and family, and then we lit off fireworks.
They organized a 5-10 minute presentation that told the story of America's Independence Day; each of those poster boards they held up had a little blurb on the back that they read aloud.

The big kids loved being able to light off some of the the fireworks.
And the adults enjoyed visiting and watching the fireworks.

I love the selfies Elisabeth took with Grandpa Garnica.

 Sunday after church we went to visit my brother Michael and their family.

 A few of the cousins played piano pieces for each other which was fun.

 And the kids were in the pool for the majority of the time.

 Jane was all tuckered out on the ride home.
 We had a wonderful time with our family in WA, The drive home was fine, though driving home always seems longer since we lose an hour. We left the house at 430am and within the first 30 minutes of the drive, Jane threw up, but the Lord was with us, as always, and her vomit only got on her clothes and the towel she was using as a blanket, so once we pulled over to the side of a road, we were able to just wrap it all up and stick it in a couple of gallon ziploc bags we brought 'just in case' someone needed to throw up, so we were able to close off the smell and the van didn't smell of vomit at all. I moved to the back with her for awhile after that until she felt a little better, and we did get one more ziploc bag out that she threw up in and we sealed off until our next stop when we tossed it. After that she was fine. I think she was feeling queasy from the Doritos she ate the night before that were probably still sitting in her tummy.

Also, speaking of the Lords hand in our lives, another little tender mercy was that on the way home, I called a local, raw honey company that I remembered was on the way home, but still an hour and a half away from home, to see if they happened to have a 60 lbs bucket of honey on hand that I could pick up in an hour, around 6pm on that Monday night. I felt like my chances of all of those things being my my favor were very, very slim, but they answered and said yes, and yes! Wahoo! My mom sent a note home with us in an envelope, and left gas money which was so sweet of her, which we decided to use for groceries instead, but when this honey thing happened, it was the perfect amount to pay for our 60lbs bucket and year supply of honey! We stopped for lunch and dinner on the way home and we pulled into the house around 830pm.

Here are a few more pictures I found on my phone that Elisabeth took. She loved these nose glasses that my mom had and granny let her take a pair home with her.

No comments: