Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cake for funeral luncheon and Dinner Conversation Starters

On our drive home from Washington, I got a phone call and was informed that a sweet woman in our ward, whom I was recently assigned to visit teach, had a stillborn baby. They were going to do a small burial service with her family a couple of days later, with a luncheon after, and I made this cake for her luncheon. I wanted it to be all white, celestial like, since that is where the baby is now, in heaven, with it's maker. As I baked and decorated, I thought of and felt for this family who will have to wait awhile longer, until they've finished their journey here on earth, to meet this special little spirit that was sent to them. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache, so it makes me even more grateful that we have a Savior who knows and understands us so fully.

Switching topics, When trying to have a conversation with our children, some of them choose to give a lot of one word answers: 
 "How was your day?"
Fine.
"What did you do?"
 Nothing. 
So a few weeks ago, I printed out some conversation starters we found on good old Pinterest, to change things up a little. We've all enjoyed discussing "the question" over the dinner table which has prolonged our time at the table which I love, and it's made for some very interesting and diverse conversations wink emoticon

No comments: