Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dinner with the missionaries

 Something we've loved about living in Colorado versus Utah, is the amount of time we get to spend with the missionaries in our ward. In the 6 years we lived in Riverton, UT, I think we had the missionaries over for dinner once and that's not because we didn't want to. Our Utah missionary companionships were over several wards, whereas here you have one or two companionships in one ward, so when it came to dinners, they spent them with inactive families and/or where investigators were present.
Over the past 1 1/2 years that we've been here, we've had the missionaries over for dinner almost every week. After dinner we all sit in the living room and we have a gospel message. It has been a blessing for our family. My kids all want to be full-time missionaries someday :).
These are Elder McGauley(left, dark hair) and Elder Driscoll(right, blonde). Elder McGauley is from SC and Elder Driscoll is from England...which my kids LOVE! They love to listen to him talk...I think it reminds them of Harry Potter :). Elisabeth says that when she's older she wants to move to England. I suggested that perhaps, instead, she do a study abroad through the university she'll attend, for a year.
 And completely switching gears, this is a list Annabelle created at school for Valentine's Day of the top ten things she loves. I was surprised by 'cats' listed at #2. I knew she played with Grandma's cat when we visit them in NC and enjoyed it, but I didn't know she loved them. Though it could also be the influence of peers, you know, writing what they wrote; but maybe not. Maybe she does love cats. Scott and I like all of Gods creations, but we're not really pet people(smell, fur, messes, scratched up furniture and doors...we have 5 kids that already do most of those things :)).  so I don't know that we'll ever have any.

No comments: