Charles turned nine today! (well, since I'm scheduling this post a day later, I guess he turned nine yesterday). Charles' requested cereal for breakfast and a bagel. I didn't even know that he knew what a bagel was! :) And, since no one else in the house likes bagels, we just got one, and then we all had some granola from Costco. This boy LOVES granola, though normally it's homemade so it was still a special treat.
And for party favors we gave out BYU duct tape wallets, hacky-sack sports balls, and a couple of peppermint treats.
A Few Fun Facts About Charles at Age Nine:
-likes to read comics like Calvin and Hobbs and Big Nate
- likes board games, especially Pirates of the Caribbean, Pit, Stratego, and Battleship
- likes Ninjago, Legos, Star Wars(we only let him watch the three Old Star Wars movies, not the new ones), and Harry Potter (we've listened to all 7 audio books and he's seen all the movies that are rated PG...we'll wait awhile before he can see the others).
- likes playing the piano; really enjoying our new keyboard
- loves sports especially football, baseball and basketball
-likes cuddling up, holding hands, getting back rubs and scratches, hugs, kisses etc
- likes playing games on the Kindle and Laptop (they get 15 min on week days and 30 minutes on weekends)
-loves to talk on the phone with his grandparents in Seattle and Raleigh
-loves to cook. He is always happy to lend me a hand in the kitchen with whatever I'm cooking/baking.