Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas music after Halloween


Last weekend, just after Halloween, as we were eating dinner together, Scott says to the kids, "when I'm gone at work, make sure mom doesn't turn on the Christmas music, okay?" He got some smiles and nods in return. I just can't seem to help myself :). Now I just need to learn not to hum and whistle those tunes once he gets home so I don't give myself away.   


But I mostly just listen to classical, instrumental type Christmas music until Thanksgiving, at which time I listen to it all! It just doesn't seem fair that we're supposed to only listen to this beautiful music about our Savior for only one month out of the year! Well, now that that's off my chest, here's some fun pictures from the week. Look at this darling! Isn't she adorable? 


Pretty girls!
Annabelle's self-portrait:

Elisabeth is in school choir this year and they had their first performance this past week singing at the high school with several other school choirs.
These girls love to help me in the kitchen! On this particular day we were making strawberry-lemon muffins. Yum! We like to make a double batch and then freeze half of them so that kids and Scott can pop a frozen muffin in their packed lunch in the morning and by the time lunch rolls around it's nicely defrosted and ready to eat.
Enjoying the fruits of their labor:


No comments: