Monday, May 19, 2014

Washington Family Reunion: Part 1 of 3

We got back from our trip to WA last week. The kids missed four days of school which wasn't easy with make-up work etc(and piano and Elisabeth's play performances scheduled for the day we got back and then two days later), but we had a great time and we were able to have all the siblings come and celebrate Mother's Day together along with my mom and my sister's birthdays. Here are pictures from our trip:
We parked our van at the airport lot and took a shuttle in.
They kept delaying our flight over and over again, by maybe 20 minutes each time, and it ended up being a total delay of a couple of hours. The flat escalators provided entertainment and exercise for the family during our wait...good thing the airport wasn't very crowded :).
Our seats were not all together, we had a group of three, and two groups of two. I sat next to Nora who I strapped into her car seat and hoped she would fall asleep since she frequently falls asleep in the same car seat on our drives to and from errands. We ended up boarding around 10pm and the flight was about 2 and 1/2 hours; Nora did not sleep a wink! I kept leaning my head against her seat and would doze off now and again only to get a little finger poked in my eye, nose or mouth along with an exclamation of  "Mom!" Crazy Nori!


We were thrilled to be able to spend so much time with family!



The only thing mom wanted for her birthday was for us to help her make a washboard instrument. She had the wash board and we all brought little trinkets(cow bell, cymbals, bike horn etc) to add to it and then Scott put it together.


We got it all done that day, so now she can play at the folk festival (I think?) in Seattle later on this month!

My little sister Becca offered up her apartment for the time we were there because we had so much family staying at my parents house; they stayed with her in-laws. So each night after we came home from playing with the family all day we'd put Nora and Jane to bed and then the others would stay up playing Wii, or sometimes they'd play in the mornings while I was getting ready. More from our trip continued on the next post.

No comments: