Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Disney Frozen DVD


It's no secret that our family loves the new Disney Frozen movie. I took the girls to see it in the theater in November and they've been singing the songs and obsessing over it since. Annabelle had a Frozen birthday last month and got the soundtrack which means the whole family knows all the songs by heart, even Scott(daddy) who hadn't seen the movie.

We had the dvd release date on my calendar for the past month and we told the kids that if they wanted to get it they'd need to do a couple of extra chores each before hand to earn it. I asked Annabelle to fold some laundry and she ended up folding three loads in one afternoon! Way to go Annabelle! I didn't not expect her, being 6-years-old, to do so much, but hey, that's awesome!  We picked up the movie at Costco on Tuesday, and then Friday night we had a family movie night so Scott was able to see it for the first time. There are so many cute and funny lines in that movie. Olaf, the snowman, is hilarious! They even had some good 'life' type lines, like the entire Fixer-Upper song which the trolls sing about how everyone is a fixer upper and that the way to fix a fixer upper is with a little bit of love :). And I loved this line of Olaf's: "Love is when you put someone else's needs before yours." So true!  I'm a little hyper-focused on love and marriage right now  because I'll be teaching an 8 week course on strengthening marriage at church starting this Sunday; it's constantly on my mind.

No comments: