Monday, February 24, 2014

Nora at 22 months

I love babies. I love children. I love their excitement and curiosity in anything and everything. I love that they trust and love fully and completely. I love their sweetness, innocence and relatively cheerful disposition. Nora is 22 months, almost two! I keep telling her that she should really just stay this way forever and never grow up, but she will not listen. But that's okay because I also love watching them learn and grow during this time on earth. That being said, I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, that this life is not the end, and that we can be forever with our families. Nora has found a favorite sitting spot: in the refrigerator. I don't know why, but I can only guess that she thinks it's funny :). And it kind of is :).


Nora's hair is getting long and it's always in her face. So she always has the bangs pulled up and out of the way, and if her nose is runny and it's windy outside, I'll pull her hair in the 'triceratops' is what Scott likes to call it. Here she is eating fresh mango and drinking the remaining contents of her bowl of granola.




The relationship between Nora our youngest and Elisabeth our oldest who is 9 and a half years old, is so sweet.  We've never had that sort of an age span between siblings yet and Elisabeth is now old enough to really care for, love and enjoy her relationship with Nora. She has become a sort of second mother to her. She loves to do all the things I do for Nora, like get her dressed and ready, help her with meals, read to her, play with her and recently she has learned how we put Nora to bed. It is so fun to watch these two together. Nora can't say 'Elisabeth' because it's too long, so Elisabeth tried to teach her, "Lizzy" but what Nora can actually say is, "Dizzy" :). We love it so it's a keeper. Here are Nora and Dizzy playing 'peekaboo'. Nora will put her tiny fists up to Elisabeth's eyes, Elisabeth will say, "Where is Nora?" and then Nora will quickly pull her fists away and smile.






Quick video of Nora singing with her favorite toy Tika

No comments: