Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Haircut and Cinzetti's

 I gave myself bangs again last week (see mirror image in picture above) because my baby hairs are out of control...again...for the millionth time. I may be exaggerating a little but sometimes it feels like a million times, so I cut bangs to cover the ones up in the front.

I also took about three inches of hair off of 5-year-old Annabelle. She asked for a cut and it was getting so long and hard to comb through, so we did it. I called my cute little sister Becca to get a few haircutting tips, watched a youtube video on how to cut layers and then we were on our way.
 Sadly, most of her baby curls went with the cut.
 Lovely lady! I was pleased with the way the layers around the face and the long layers in the back turned out.
 I think it was about three inches I took off...here you can see it with a comb for comparison.
 Later that night we took the kids to Cinzetti's for dinner. It's an Italian buffet which is something I'd never experienced before. When we first sat down and the waiter was telling us about all the many stations and foods available I whispered to Scott, "we should come here every month!" I said this because he loves Italian food, there were so many options, all of which sounded so good AND every Monday and Tuesday night kids eat free which is very cool for our family of five kids and probably not so cool for the owners. Anyway, once we were done eating and I was practically laying in my chair because I could not sit up straight comfortably from all I had eaten, I said to Scott, "maybe we should only come once a year or on very special occasions." Buffets seem to encourage little or no self restraint and I fell victim to that idea.
 It was yummy.
 The kids favorite part was the pizza and the 16 flavors of ice cream. They each tried a couple.
It was shortly after this dinner outing that I decided to follow the example of a missionary who is serving in our area and go sugar-free for awhile. If only I could do this long-term like I have done with chocolate (almost 11 years now!) then I would be a very happy woman. I personally feel so much better when I'm not eating rich or high fat foods. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: