Wednesday, April 17, 2013

General Conference April 2013

A week and a half ago on Saturday and Sunday we were able to watch general conference. General conference happens every six months and basically it's a worldwide meeting where the Prophet and the apostles and others speak and give people guidance and direction...they help us draw nearer to God and become more Christ-like.
During the last session of conference the kids went behind the couch and cut out and pasted pictures and words from the Friend Magazines and made poster collages. So Scott and I could cuddle up on the couch while we watched :).

I absolutely love conference. I was practically sitting on the edge of my seat. I had so many questions answered and once conference was done I sat down with my journal and wrote down 5 things I wanted to change or do differently or be better at and I've been working on those things since. Here are two of the things I wrote down: 1.) make sure to do a nightly scripture study with Scott (so this is on top of personal and family daily scripture time which we do). We've done this on and off in the past but I want to make this a regular steady habit because I know it'll strengthen our relationship with each other and with Christ. 2.) Be sure to whisper to the children often that they are a child of God and tell them regularly that I love everything about them; also always remember to be firm but kind...watch tone of voice.

Charles took some good notes during conference. So did Elisabeth.
Annabelle and Jane cuddled with Scott and I...and Jane slept in her bed during half of it. Nora slept through almost all of it. Good timing girls! I've only had to rewatch three that I wasn't able to hear very well.

No comments: