Monday, February 18, 2013

February 6th

Have I mentioned that I love the kids off-track chore charts? I pull them out whenever they are off track (like a couple of weeks ago) and they are life savers. These charts keep them busy and on top of things and they keep mom from nagging and sounding like a broken record, "did you make your bed?" "did you clear your spot?" "Did you brush your teeth?" "did you practice piano"....repeated 30 times :).


One of the days the kids were off, February 6th to be exact, we pulled together a surprise celebration for when Dad got home. Why? Because February 6th 2013 is exactly 10 years to the day that Scott proposed marriage to me! I have it inscribed on my engagement ring as a reminder. It was also the day his grandfather proposed to his grandmother and since these were their rings, the original date inscribed on the ring is 2.6.43 . Isn't that amazing?! I love it! So we decided to scratch our original dinner plans and get something that Scott loves: pizza, sparkling cider, salad and donuts :). I know, not all healthy, but a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wanted Scott to be pleasantly surprised and that was exactly his reaction. We also wrote out a few love notes. We posted one on the garage door (that's the door he comes in when he gets home from work) that says, "Ten years ago today...." and then inside on the wall in the kitchen there were more heart notes that read, "you asked a question..." "that made dreams come true." The kids and I had so much fun preparing for this and Scott was so pleased...I think his exact words to me were, "thank you. This was just what I needed." Thank you Scott for choosing me! BFF!


* A quick update on Nora: she is doing much better. Her cough is gone. Her nose is still running but not as much and it's all clear mucus which is great! I'm also being a lot more watchful on what she's eating. Since her appointment she's eaten several avocados, a variety of whole beans, sweet potatoes, bananas, pizza crust(home-made and whole grain), graham crackers (whole wheat and  honey sweetened), eggs, and lots and lots of oatmeal with ground flax and coconut milk(that's her favorite).

2 comments:

kelley said...

Awww that is so beautiful!

Angela said...

I'M SO GLAD MY SON MARRIED YOU! THERE CAN'T BE ANYONE BETTER FOR HIM. THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A AWESOME WIFE AND MOTHER.