Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nora and Bangs

Nora has taken a big step in solid food eating over the past couple of weeks and so I wanted to document some of the things she eats and loves: oranges (served in the soft, cloth mesh strainer pictured above), bananas, sweet potatoes(I just bake, and blend with water), carrots(steam, blend with water) if eaten with sweet potatoes, baby rice cereal if eaten with sweet potatoes, puffed brown rice cereal, cooked white beans, black beans and pinto beans, oatmeal, peanut butter and banana smoothie, green smoothie and she tried some mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving and liked those as well.

I love this picture below. She looks like this (with her thumb in her mouth) for probably half of each day. So stinkin' cute!


And changing subjects, if you've been a long time blog reader, you might remember that after I have babies, I lose hair and then it grows back and once the baby is around 6 months of age, the growth is quite noticeable around my forehead. And so I always cut bangs once baby is around 6 or 7 months old to cover up the growth. This time around, when I realized I really needed bangs, I wanted them "now" and my hairdresser was booked for the week. So I called my little sister Becca (who is an amazing hairstylist but lives a plane ride away) and complained about my dilemma and she said, "Let's do skype and I'll show you how; we'll do it together." And so that's what we did and I cut my own bangs; and I'm quite happy with the result; and so is Jane. She has told me so every day for the past two weeks which is when I did it. "I yike yowr bangs mommy" is how she says it. Love the two-year old voice!



1 comment:

kelley said...

They look great! I love that yall did it over Skype! That's awesome.