Thursday, August 9, 2012

Backyard camping



We're not going on an official camping trip this year because Nora is so young (and I'm not going to pretend like I was distraught over the situation :)), though we did go to Bryce Canyon and we're headed to Yellowstone for a couple of days pretty soon here, so we'll still get to do some hiking and nature sight seeing, but while staying in hotels rather than tents. Since Scott and the kids love to camp, they decided to set up the tent in the backyard, grill their hotdogs and smores and sleep out there for a night. It was great! I loved that I could do all the typical camp stuff with the family but then go inside(which is bug-free!) sleep in my cozy bed  without children rolling on top of me or waking me when they talk or murmur as they roll. I really think we should just do this every year rather than go elsewhere and tent camp :).


Originally everyone was going to sleep outside except me and Nora, but in the end both Jane and Charlie ended up inside as well: Jane because she was a little scared and Charlie because apparently no one wanted to lay next to him because he was bugging them.

No comments: