Wednesday, April 11, 2012

36 Weeks


I love the Spring! I love the weather in the Spring: Sunshine, not too hot with a little rain here and there. I love the flowers! My birthday is in the Spring. And this year, we'll get to add a baby to our family in the Spring!
I had my doctors appointment today. He did the group B strep test and checked to see if I was dilated and effaced. I'm not effaced yet and I'm dilated to a one. That's pretty typical for me. Usually when I check into the hospital for labor, I'm at a 2 or maybe a 3, but when I get to a 4, it generally means I'll be a ten within a couple of hours(sometimes much less). And same goes with effacement. I have a tentative induction date set for May 8th which is her due date according to the 20 week ultra sound, though my doctor keeps her original due date based off my menstrual cycle which is May 10th. I'm really hoping for the first few days in May. We'll see.

I am so heavy! If I sit in the same position for too long, my bottom gets numb. If I stand for more than a few seconds, I start to get uncomfortable. So I do a lot of pacing while I stand and shifting while I sit. I started getting cramps in my calves about a week ago. The first two I got were super painful! They woke me up in the middle of the night. Luckily they each only lasted about 20 seconds, but they were an intense 20 seconds. Since then I haven't had them come back so strong, but I have felt them lightly throughout most days. It has also gotten a lot harder for me to roll over in bed. Imagine a whale on dry land trying to turn from one side to the other. Practically impossible :). It's not pretty, and it takes a lot of energy and effort. It doesn't help that I have to take my body pillow with me. But I need that thing. I should find out who invented the body pillow and write them a thank-you note.

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Casey said...

Your belly is so cute!