Monday, April 16, 2012

29

My birthday was last week which means I have one more year in my 20's. Time sure flies!

On the morning of my birthday, Scott surprised me by making a jam tart. I had never had one before and it was so yummy! He used a recipe from a book and even modified it himself to make it a little more healthy(used half whole wheat flour instead of all white and only used half of the 1/4c sugar it called for)...he sure knows me well! And isn't it pretty? Scott is one very talented man. And he's mine! I'm so lucky!
He also bought my favorite granola cereal that I rarely buy for myself because (1) it's expensive and (2) even though it's healthier than most cereals, it still has cane sugar in it and sugar is sugar and really shouldn't be eaten at breakfast every morning; but it was delightful on my birthday! A friend of mine got me another box of that cereal and some beautiful, juicy oranges and a bunch of bananas which was perfect. I got to open my new 3 barrel jumbo curling iron that morning and use it which I was so excited about and even had a dream about the night before! I had told Scott before hand only to get me that curling iron for my birthday and nothing else since I just bought the Bosch mixer and the camera, both of which, even though were used and I found for a great deal, were still really expensive. Scott's parents and mine as well sent over a gift and so did my little sister. I can usually count on her to add to my wardrobe which I'm always happy about. She's a lot cuter and trendier than I am so I know anything she sends me will be wonderful(she sent me the scarf I'm wearing in the picture below)! Later that day I had a friend stop by with a gift card to get a maternity massage! She and another one of my good friends had gone in on it together and I was completely surprised and at the same time so excited. I've always wanted to have one, but never gotten around to it. I have my appointment scheduled in about a week and a half. I can't wait! (by the way, I'm hating all pictures of me now. And I hate looking in the mirror. About the last month of pregnancy, I start holding water so my hands and feet get swollen and my face looks....well...fat. Such is life.).

Around 10 that morning, a neighbor called and told me to bring my kids over to her house and that I was supposed to go meet Scott at work. Scott had arranged a babysitter so we could go out to lunch together which was really sweet and so peaceful(peaceful because we didn't have kids with us). We used my birthday coupons I'd received from Rubios, a mexican restaurant, which made lunch really inexpensive. Later that night we went to Elisabeth's soccer game and afterward we ate dinner at Sweet Tomatoes (a buffet with lots of salads, pastas and soups). One of my requests for the day was that I didn't have to worry about dinner. The kids were happy too because they love Sweet Tomatoes...well, any buffet restaurant really. Scott and I like them too because everyone gets what they want and are happy...and the two older kids can help themselves which keeps them busy which means better behavior :). Not that they are bad but generally, I really don't enjoy taking kids out to eat because they have a hard time sitting in their seat and only their seat, not standing on the benches/chairs, using quiet voices, and not leaving the booth. But at buffets, they do pretty good and it's fine if they walk around. And since I mostly hate fast food chains, all places with play areas were out of the question even though most kids do fine there as well.
Jane was eating with two utensils at one time. It was pretty cute.

2 comments:

Gina said...

What a horrible friend! I thought about it before the day, but when it actually came I forgot to call and tell you Happy Birthday! So I'll just say it now - Happy Birthday!!

Elisa said...

No worries! Thanks Gina!