Monday, December 19, 2011

Elisabeth's ballet recital



Elisabeth started taking ballet a few months ago and had her first recital this past weekend. The theme for the ballet recital was an 'enchanted toy shop' and the girls in Elisabeth's class were soldiers....very pretty and dainty soldiers :). Before we took off to the recital, Elisabeth requested that I make a video of her doing her dance, and I'm glad we did because the video at the actual recital is terrible because it was dark and I had a seat that was far away even though I arrived an hour early...next time I'll have to come even earlier I guess. The recital was 2 1/2 hours long, which was a bit long for our family....next time we're leaving the kids with a sitter because poor Scott missed Elisabeth's number because he was out in the hall with Jane who was being disruptive. I thought he was standing in the back(the place was huge, and dark, so there was no way to know for sure) otherwise I would have tried to find him.

Elisabeth did a fabulous job. She remembered all the steps, her timing was perfect and overall she did very well. Elisabeth absolutely loves ballet! A couple of weeks ago her teacher copied their song on cd's for the class so every night since then she's been going through her dance several times before bed. She's a very persistent, diligent and dedicated girl...she chose to do this extra practicing all on her own. And she's determined to take ballet until she's on pointe. We'll see if we can afford it for that long :). Here are the two video clips I took. The first is the one I took at home in our kitchen, and the second is from the actual recital. When watching the one of the recital, when she first walks in she's in the back on the far right. After a minute, they travel and she's in the middle.



5 comments:

Angela said...

She did great!! I love it!! We really enjoyed Jane trying to copy her. So, so cute!!

Elisa said...

Thanks Angela. I'll be sure to pass on the message to Elisabeth. We also enjoyed watching Jane :); though Scott's a little worried that all four girls are going to want to be ballerinas :)

Hannah said...

she is adorable! i love her costume. she sounds very determined--i am sure she will go far!

carrie r. said...

Oh that is so darling! Elisabeth seems to have a lot of natural talent and sure has the ballerina build. I laughed so much at Jane imitating her big sister.

Krissy said...

Jane is the cutest!!