Tuesday, October 18, 2011

All in the first 6 months of the year

All six members of our immediate family have birthdays within the first six months of the year.
January- Charles and Scott
February- Annabelle
March- Jane
April- Me
May-
June- Elisabeth

And it looks like we'll get May filled in this coming year. May 8th perhaps? (that's my mom's birthday so I'm rooting for that date). According to the ultrasound today, I'm 11 weeks and 3 days. I was able to listen to the babies beautiful heart beat. I love that! It measured 1 1/2 inches in length and everything looks good so far.

I've already gained several pounds(someone asked me this past weekend if I was expecting! And because of the way I look! I told her no, I was just getting lazy :), just kidding...but to give her credit, I do show really early, and both Scott and I can definitely tell..and I can't fit comfortably into my jeans anymore, so I'm now in my 'in between' jeans...you know, not the full blown maternity ones, but the other ones for when I'm a little bigger) and I'm not feeling fantastic, especially in the late afternoon and evening, but I can't complain because I've had very little vomiting and I'm fortunate enough to be able to have meds for the nausea/vomiting if I need it. Hopefully I'll just have a few more weeks of the morning sickness and then I can be more regular with my green smoothies(maybe once a week now) and exercise routine(which is more every other day right now instead of daily). But I generally gain between 40-50 lbs so I'm not going to set my hopes too high.

10 comments:

Janelle said...

Congratulations! So exciting! I'll put in my plug for May 1st (my birthday) or 12th (Ella's birthday), but I'm sure he/she will be a cutie whenever they come!

Casey said...

Congratulations! That is such good news. :) I'm still debating on #5 myself...

Margot said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations! I hope you're almost done with being sick!

The Clarks said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Babies are the best. I have been waiting for this post! I could feel that it was coming!

berrymom said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I am thrilled to hear that your nausea hasn't been too bad this time.

Maryann said...

Congratulations! How wonderful! I love your family.

Vanessa said...

I had my suspicions that you would be adding to your family. You haven't been blogging very much lately. So happy for you, and hope that the pregnancy continues well and you both stay healthy.

Jessica and Brad said...

Congratulations!! That's exciting news!!

The Horne's said...

Ha, you have lots of competition! May 11 is my birthday! But I'll vote May 8th! That'd be special to share the day with your mom. AND May 8 is probably sometimes Mothers day...I know May 11 is.
We are just about exactly a week a part! So funny! I am so happy to read this blog! Good luck with everything!!

Elisa said...

Thanks everyone! And I think anytime in May would be great(though if baby is not out by May 10th, I'll have her induced then). And Vanessa, I'm glad you caught on :), I myself was wondering if people would guess because I'd go by and notice I hadn't posted anything in a week(very long for me) and would try and put something together for a post. But reading and typing was making me feel ill for a few weeks there and I wasn't doing a whole lot other than laying down and trying to get kids to practices etc so I really didn't have much to blog about. Hopefully my posts will be more regular from here on out...which should mean I'm feeling better for the most part.