Tuesday, October 25, 2011

12 Weeks

I am 12 weeks now. Still not feeling fabulous, but I am feeling better than I was a few weeks ago and there are some times during the day where I feel pretty normal. But light nausea is with me many times throughout the day, though usually at night. If I don't go to bed by about 930 or 10pm, the nausea increases. Here are a couple of pictures I took recently. I try and hide my tummy area right now by wearing sweatshirts or loose cardigans over another shirt because when I wear my normal clothes, I just look like I've gotten lazy in my diet and exercise routine...which I have, so actually I am getting fat, with just a little bit of baby :). Scott and I were talking about how we think my belly is kind of like a balloon that's been blown up before and it's all stretched out and when I get pregnant again it blows up a lot easier and faster than it did the first time I was pregnant. I know this isn't the case with everyone; but it seems to be with me.

Here I am with my cardigan, trying to cover things up but actually just looking kinda frumpy.

And another picture with the cardigan pulled to the side. And just for the record, when I went to the doctor's office last week I had in fact gained 10 pounds. That's a good amount of weight to put on in the first couple of months. And I probably will gain another 30-40 over the next 6 months. Not my favorite thing about pregnancy. Oh, and I thought I'd share with you as I did with Scott this morning that I had a nightmare last night that I was picking up one of my kids from a birthday party and there were all these leftover cupcakes and pastries sitting on tables with no one in sight, completely tempting me, and I can't remember for sure, but I think I ate some. Can you tell I'm struggling internally with this? I am still trying to eat healthy most of the time(though I am eating more refined sugar right now than I'd like to admit. I hate sugar. It's so addicting!), but when you eat so many more calories than you used to(b/c I feel nauseous if I'm not eating every couple of hours and I always have a weird taste in my mouth which makes me feel like I need to eat more to get rid of it) and exercise so much less than you used to, it's going to show. And it does :). But I can promise you this: I am going to work really hard to get all the weight off once I've had the baby. Sorry about this venting post. I think once I get through this nasty first part of pregnancy(let's hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy) I will feel better about things because I'll be able to exercise regularly again and eat better foods, and less. Having good health is such a blessing. Experiences like this always increase my appreciation for good health.

8 comments:

kelley said...

You look fab Elisa!!!

Vanessa said...

I gained a pound a week in my first trimester. Now things have slowed down a little bit. I have no doubts that you will be able to get it all off, you've done it before right? You look great, and are a true inspiration to me in how you run you home and lead your family. I'm so glad you've started blogging more often again ;)

The Horne's said...

Wow Elisa, that's just so amazing! I WISH I was showing like that right now. You DO NOT look like you've let yourself go - you have a baby bump!!! I AM the ONE in the frumpy stage. No bump, just thicker in middle. I should post a pic of my belly :-D It's quite nothing. Ok, I just took a pic with my phone and I'll update to my blog quickly. You look so great. And YES this is your 5th child!!!! The uterus is a muscle so it remembers what it needs to do. Quite amazing!!! And yes, I too am set on losing this weight, and the rest that I had to lose before I got pregnant again! Great pic, please keep the belly pics up! I LOVE LOVE LOVE pregnant women, and somehow they ALL look cuter than me!!! :-D I don't feel so cute when pregnant.

The Horne's said...

And OH MY GOSH the taste in the mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!! YES, I eat to get rid of it! But then it's just there after I eat anything! So I just keep eating. :-(

Casey said...

I think you look darling. I think a balloon sounds just about right. I seemed to show faster and faster with each pregnancy.

Elisa said...

Thanks ladies, you're all very sweet. Heidi, you are lovely and I am frumpy :), never forget it. And I have no doubt you're going to get back in shape after your baby comes. Vanessa, you're expecting?! When are you due? I don't think you've updated your blog in awhile, right? You need to!

Kate said...

Congrats Lees! I love babies!! I am moving to SLC in Jan. Gotta see you. LOVE!

The Frosts said...

Congrats Elisa! I think you look darling and know you are great about getting your baby weight off really fast! I didn't see your earlier announcement until tonight! Hope you have started to feel a bit better!