We finished the bathroom today! Yay! It took quite a bit longer than originally planned but we didn't know about all the mold and mildew and that we'd be having to put in new floor etc. It was a lot of work. Scott's been working nearly every night since the week before Labor Day weekend on this project and we're so happy that it's done and that it looks nice. Scott did an amazing job! Here are the before and after pictures.
And a list of what we did: Scott tore out the linoleum, a layer of the wood flooring underneath, bleached the next layer and put a coat of primer on it to seal the mold/mildew, put on a new layer of wood, put in cement backer board, tiled, grout, sealed the grout, caulked edges, marble slab in the entry, I painted and antiqued the vanity(actually I did all three vanities in our house- many thanks to my neighbor Samantha T. who showed me how to do this!) and a picture frame we've always had in there, we put in new hardware on the vanity, we got a new vanity top, sink and faucet, new light fixture, new shower curtain, bath rugs and hand towels and I picked up a couple of decorative items at a garage sale that were perfect.