Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Babyliss Nano

*UPDATE: My babyliss arrived in the mail earlier than expected and so far, I love it! I've used it to curl and straighten my hair and it works wonderfully! It heats up in one minute and when I used it, I only put it up to about half the heat(30) because it heats up to 450 degrees and I think if less heat works on your hair, it'd probably be better for it. And I was surprised to see that it does have the 4 year manufacture's warranty! I was so excited about that!
Curly hair using BaByliss Nano
Straightened using BaByliss Nano
straightened w/braided headband

A couple of days ago when I plugged in my straightener, there was a pop sound and a spark and then it was dead. I've had this cheap straightener for a number of years so I wasn't too surprised, but I was surprised that on the very same day my straightener broke, my curling iron, which is the other of the two that I use almost daily, broke as well. Seriously, what are the chances? But honestly, I really was not that sad about the straightener because I'd been hoping for some time now to upgrade to a nicer one, one that doesn't pull my individual hairs out while I'm straightening and one that does a better and quicker job. But I also couldn't reason spending the money unless my other one died.

I had done some research before hand and first thought about the Chi, Babyliss or Hair Art and then narrowed it down to the second two after reading lots of reviews and talking with my sister who is an amazing hair dresser. In the end I decided on the Babyliss because it has the longest warranty being 4 years, if you purchase it in store; which I didn't because it's $40 cheaper if you buy it on Amazon.com. So I didn't actually buy the warranty but if a product has a warranty for that long, it means it's a good product and one you can count on. Oh and the other nice thing about this straightener (and the others if you get the 1 inch plates) is that you can make your hair curly/wavy as well. Not the tight curls, but the looser looking curls or waves. Now I'm waiting for my straightener to arrive in the mail though it'll probably be another week before it arrives which means I'll be wearing my hair in a ponytail for the next week with my bangs in a head band braid or something like that :).

5 comments:

The Horne's said...

So, funny that you did this post. I read this post, then later that day I went and got my hair cut. She was straightening my hair,a nd I really liked the straightener she was using and she said it was babyliss (she pronounced it "baba-liss") and it reminded me of your post! She said I could find it on amazon much cheaper than she could even get it from a beauty store. So funny! I am going to ask for for Christmas. :-D Let me know if you like it. I hear it's way better than Chi.

Elisa said...

Heidi, It came and I love it! I've used it to curl and straighten my hair and it works wonderfully! And it does have the 4 year manufacturer's warranty! I was so excited about that!

The Horne's said...

Elisa, will you attach a pic of your hair straight and with it curled from the flat iron...I don't know how to do that and would love to see how it turned out!

Elisa said...

Heidi, I'll work on that. I'll try to have something on here for you soon so you can see the straight vs curly and i'm working on an explanation or a video tutorial. I'll let you know when it's ready.

The Horne's said...

Oh man, I kept looking to see if you did a straight and curly pic, but I didn't think to look at your original post. I kept waiting for a new post. I'm sorry, I would have commented way sooner!!! Looks SO great curly!!!!!! I want to see how you do it! AND your braid headband! I have NO idea how to do that!! !