Monday, May 9, 2011

Becca and Blake's wedding

I flew out to Washington this past week for my sister Becca's wedding. Scott took a couple days off of work and stayed home with all four kids. A total of 78 hours that I was away. That's the longest I've ever been away from the kids. Prior to this trip the record was probably 12 hours, for a couple of one-night hotel stays Scott and I took on anniversarys. I'm grateful Scott stayed home with them because it was a whirlwind of a trip with lots of traveling. Becca got married in the Tri-cities temple so once I flew into Seattle, we drove four hours to Eastern Washington(five to six hours on the way back because of traffic on Snoqualmie Pass) and then came back to Seattle for the reception. I had a really nice time and was so grateful I was able to go and even more grateful I was able to spend a little time with my mom on the morning of mother's day and her birthday which I haven't done in awhile. Here are some pictures of the event.

Bella(Becca's 4-year-old), waiting outside of the temple and looking as beautiful as ever.
Fred(my older brother), Robin and their cute family


With our parents
Mama and Bec
ItalicSister pose. Me, Becca and Bella
Sadly, this is the best family shot I got. Becca's not even looking at the camera. Oh well.
After the wedding, some of us stopped at the cemetery where my maternal grandparents were buried.At the reception


Me with my older sister Pepa and three of her four kids. From left to right, Andre, Pepa, me, Lani and Leia.
This picture has Stephany in it as well. She's on the far left. She's my great niece, though we call ourselves cousins because of our age difference or similarity. She's from Mexico and is staying with my parents for a couple of months volunteering at the elementary school with my mom while working on her english(which is good already). I had so much fun getting to know her.
Stephany and I on Mother's Day with the fruit bouquet she made for my mom. She stuck it in wheat Grass which I thought was brilliant since my mom likes to use wheat grass in her diet.
I arrived back home in the early evening on Mother's Day. Before I had left I told the family that the best mother's day gift would be a fairly clean house, dinner, and the biggest mother's day card/picture ever(like from the movie 'Ramona and Beezus'.) To my surprise they did all three! Scott made a very yummy lasagna. I was delighted by everything. On the left of the picture shown below, the family drew a map/diagram of me going to the airport in Utah and flying out to Washington and then coming back. The picture displays the mountains, some big surrounding cities, the airplane, me with my luggage and our home. There is also a note on there from Scott and Elisabeth. I love it! Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mother's out there!

1 comment:

The Horne's said...

Beautiful Pics! So happy for Becca! She looked beautiful of course. Wow, Devandre is a handsome kid! They have really grown up! So great to see photos! i bet it was weird not having 4 kiddos running around with you. :-D
Happy Mothers day!