Saturday, April 16, 2011

Handsome Charles



Doesn't he look great in his new suit? I passed by a Burlington Coat Factory the other day and made a quick stop to see if they sold little boy suits. And they do, from size 2T and up. Charlie was excited to get dressed for church Sunday morning. That morning before he got dressed he also got his own breakfast and cleared his spot without us asking him to, and he cleaned his room and made his bed, also without any reminders from Scott or myself. When I walked into his room and saw him cleaning and could hear him singing along to the primary church songs, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I couldn't help but smile. Charlie looked up at me and smiled back and then I crouched down and he gave me a big hug. This isn't the first time this has happened, but either way, when it does, it's wonderful. He is turning into such a big, wonderful boy. I decided to grab my camera so I could have this moment to look back on, and so Charlie would know how wonderful I think it is when he sings and when he his working to improve his surroundings. Each of these videos is only a few seconds long. And hey, if you show your kids, maybe it'll inspire them to clean their rooms. At least that's how my kids work :).



No comments: