Friday, April 15, 2011

Aquarium





Like previously mentioned, Becca was in town this past week, along with her daughter Bella and her fiance Blake. We went to the aquarium one day, which was a first for all of us, accept Elisabeth who went with her school last year.

Elisabeth warned me before hand that there is a sting ray that people can pet. I say warn, not because she was scared, but because she was concerned for her Mom. She's heard the stories, many times, about when Mom and Dad were on their honeymoon and Mom got stung by a sting ray in her foot and had to go to the Emergency Room. They've taken the stingers out of these stingrays so they're perfectly safe, but there was NO WAY I was going to put my hand in there and touch one. Nah-uh. You couldn't pay me to touch one. I have nightmares about stingrays...this would make it all the more real. Okay, I don't really have nightmares, but they do frighten me still. Annabelle and Charlie didn't touch the sting ray, though afterward, Charlie told me he wanted to. I'm not sure if that's entirely true though because when one got close to his hand, he jumped pretty high. And Annabelle put her hand in the water too, but as soon as they started swimming her way, she started to cry so I let her down.

My favorite things to see were the penguins and the jelly fish. The movements of jelly fish are so graceful. As a child, I remember watching tons of them float and swim around in the water in Seattle. The kids favorite was the sting ray, and Annabelle's was the cockroaches. The aquarium was a nice experience, but I don' think we'll make it a regular thing. It's small, crowded and expensive. I lost Charlie 3 times. In fact, one of the times I lost him, my good friend Jessie, who I had no idea was at the aquarium too, found him and had her stay with her until they found me. Thanks Jess! Maybe we'll go again in a few years.



And here are a few pictures from the park and others with Becca's family:


2 comments:

The Horne's said...

Hmmmm maybe you should post about your honeymoon. :-D
I have actually been thinking about doing a post on our honeymoon since we have such a CRAZY story!

Elisa said...

Heidi, you should do a post! I'd love to hear it! Maybe I'll do one around our anniversary :).