Sunday, February 27, 2011

Coconut Bliss

Awhile back I mentioned how much I like Coconut Bliss, which is a non-dairy, no-refined sugar, type of ice cream. You can find it in health food stores but it's pretty pricey. I've been experimenting with the ingredients listed on the Coconut Bliss container and I've come up with a recipe that tastes very similar! I don't have an ice cream maker so this recipe is done mixing all the ingredients in a blender and then freezing them in ice cube trays. When I'm ready to have some, I pull a tray out of the freezer, let it stand for about 10 minutes and then serve it up in a bowl-I usually will just eat a couple of cubes at a time. It's so yummy and easy! Here's my recipe:

Elisa's Coconut Bliss
1- 13.66 oz can coconut milk (almost 2 c if you're making your own; get the unsweetened, no preservative brand)
1/2 c agave
1/4 c dried shredded coconut(unsweetened, found in health food stores or Winco), or 1/2 c coconut meat (I use more coconut meat than dried shredded just because I always have so much left over meat with how often I make pink smoothies)
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together in blender until smooth. Pour in two ice cube trays(a little less). Allow to freeze for a couple of hours. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

April said...

Yum. I can attest, this is really good. Thanks for posting it!

April said...

Update: If you stick a few of the cubes in a blender and add a few chunks of fresh pineapple, oh man. Pina colada heaven. YUM! Thanks again.