Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sugar Cookies and Frosting

I've made many different sugar cookie recipes and this one is definitely my favorite. It may be due to the thickness or the sour cream or both. I'll also post the frosting recipe I use, which is the frosting I use for my cakes as well.


Sugar Cookies

Cream Together:

2 cups Sugar

1 cup Margarine

2 eggs

1 cup Sour Cream

1 tsp Vanilla

Stir Together:

5 cups Flour

4 tsp Baking Powder

½ tsp Baking Soda

½ tsp Salt

Combine wet and dry ingredient mixes till moist, but not sticky. Roll out to ½ inch thick. Cut in shapes. Place on ungreased Cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 8-15 min. (closer to 8 min)


Butter Cream Frosting:
1 c all veg. shortening
4 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp butter extract
Mix together then add:
4 c (1 lb) powdered sugar
1 Tbsp meringue powder(you can buy this in the cake decorating section of craft stores)
Cream together for a couple minutes until fluffy.






No comments: