Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random happenings/pictures

I have several random pictures and/or thoughts, none of which really deserves it's own post. So here we go:

1. Leaves are falling! The kids are old enough to rake them up and do a good job of it, which I love! They usually rake them up several times because they like to jump in them before we dispose of them.

2. A couple of weeks ago I went with my book club group to see a live performance of The Scarlet Pimpernel. We read this book last year and loved it! The play was wonderful, and the singing was phenomenal! This was my first live performance of any kind in Utah which was fun! The theater was a lot smaller than what I'd imagined, but the cast and crew made really good use of their space. It was also kind of fun having them sing nearly in-your-face. If they weren't any good I'm sure I would have had an entirely different opinion.

3. Elisabeth had Crazy Hair Day at school this week. I persuaded her to do something a little crazy, even though she was really skeptical going into it.... and I was too once we got to school and everyone seemed to have very normal looking hair. When she got home I asked her about it and she told me a couple other kids in her class had crazy hair and she said someone had smarties and lollipops in her ponytails which she thought was pretty awesome. Maybe we'll do that next year.

4. Charles loves his lincoln logs. He got them for his birthday last year and it has been such a good gift. I was a little worried that pieces would be everywhere but we solved that problem by keeping it way up high for most of the time. I take it out when all his other toys are picked up and he'd like to play with these. And then when he wants to do something else, we put these away and up high again before he pulls other things out.

5. I figured out what you can do with the leftover cake tops when you're making cakes for others. You can crumble them up into a bowl, add some frosting, and once they set in the fridge/freezer for a little while, you can scoop them into balls and dip them in chocolates. SO not good for you! In fact, worse than having cake alone, but it was fun to try.

3 comments:

Gina said...

We love those, too. We make them every once in a while. But not often enough in my opinion :)

Vanessa said...

Fun post, Elisa. I love all the good ideas you share about keeping your home and life orderly. I often wonder how you do it with four little ones.

April said...

Yeah, you can stick those balls on sticks and have little cake lollipops. Cute pictures.