Monday, November 29, 2010

Jane's attachment

Jane is at a stage in life where she wants to be with Mom at all times. Whatever I'm doing, she needs to be right there with me. And can I be honest with you? I am loving it. Seriously. I love that she is perfectly content to be on my hip throughout the day. She'll sit in her high chair or on the floor near me when I'm making meals or cleaning the kitchen. When I get ready in the mornings, I sit her on the counter in front of me while I fix my hair and makeup and she'll happily play with the mirror or lotion bottles.
She's okay with Scott if I have to go run an errand for a little while, but as soon as I get home she's all mine. If Scott and I go on a date(which we've been doing a lot of in-home dates lately once the kids are in bed: movie, games etc.), we take her with us. Scott and I take turns going to the temple and we don't usually leave until it's almost bed time for the kids. Jane does pretty well with that. When she wakes up in the morning or after naps she's always beaming. She'll go to others for a short time, but after awhile she'll spot me, lock her eyes with mine and whine a little and hold her hands out to me. When I take her in my arms she'll put one hand on my face and suck the fingers on her other hand. Like I said, I love this. I'm just going to keep soaking up this time with her.

1 comment:

Angela said...

She is sooooo cute!!!! I've got to start planning my next trip out there!