Monday, November 8, 2010

It has begun

Elisabeth started piano lessons last week. I told her when she turned 6 she could begin lessons of some sort. And so it has begun. Gone are the days when I could take the kids to the park whenever we wanted because we had no time constraints. Now I'll always have one in school full-time and I'll most likely always have one in some sort of extracurricular activity. But we will limit ourselves. I don't ever want to get to the point where each child is doing several things. Sometimes less is more and I always want us to have time together as a family.

Here is Elisabeth working in her music theory book. We have a little keyboard which works for right now, but probably next year we'll need to get a full-sized keyboard or piano...she'll need something with foot pedals, and it'd be nice if she had something to hold her music up besides a kleenex box which is what we use right now.

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Good job! I can understand about the having no free time to go to the park. It is kind of sad to realize that my family is growing up and those free days are gone.
Good luck with the piano lessons. She will be happy she learned.