Thursday, November 4, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon and Ramona


We've watched a couple of really good movies over the past little while. The first was How to Train Your Dragon. Elisabeth and Charles LOVED this movie. We got it from the Redbox and they watched it twice within 24 hours which is unusual for our family. Scott and I liked it too. Annabelle thought it was a little scary, but she sat and watched the whole thing. If anyone finds a coupon for this movie let me know. So far, it looks like the best deal will be on amazon.com.

Wednesdays at our local dollar theater, the movies are actually a dollar all day in comparison to the $1.50 day time showing and the $2 night time showing. So Wednesday I took all four kids to see Ramona and Beezus. Elisabeth just finished reading, Ramona the Brave and really enjoyed it. She is off track right now so it worked nicely to go during the day. We went with our neighbor and besides us, there was only one other family in the theater which was perfect! My friends little daughter was able to toddle around and our kids spread out taking up an entire middle row and enjoyed their space. Jane was a gem and sat on my lap (more like bounced on my lap)the whole time. Annabelle sat and watched for probably 2/3 of the movie and then walked back and forth in between our legs. Charlie thought it was boring at parts but Elisabeth and I loved it and I came home and told Scott all about it. I think he'd like it too. It's a good, fun family movie. I think parents with little children would especially enjoy it.

2 comments:

kelley said...

Oh I wanted to see Ramona and Beezus. I read the Ramona books when I was a kid and LOVED them. I'll see if I can get J to watch them with me!

The Horne's said...

We kept hearing how great "How to train your dragon" was - so we just bought it. We watched it and LOVED it. But it did cross our minds that it might be kind of scary to young kids. But we loved it.