Friday, September 24, 2010

Top three movies

Here are the top three movies I've seen this year. That doesn't necessarily mean they came out this year, but that I saw them for the first time in the past year.

1. Emma- the new BBC version starring Romola Garai. Loved it! It's 2 discs and 4 hours long and just wonderful! I love Jane Austen's stories. I like this one better than the Gwyenth Paltrow version. If you can't get a hold of this movie, you can watch it on youtube. That's how I first watched it. But, you have to watch it in parts. Once you're on You Tube, you'd need to search Emma 2009 episode 1 part 1. There are 4 episodes and 6 parts to each episode. I know that seems ridiculous, but it's SO worth it. Or you could just buy it off Amazon.com :).

2. When in Rome- a romantic comedy starring Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars). I don't watch very many PG-13 movies but I checked this one on screenit.com before hand and it seemed to be pretty clean, and it was. I thought this movie was hilarious and so cute. My mom thinks I like it so much because she thinks I relate well to Kristen Bell's character. I don't know if that's true or not(though I do seem to find myself in embarrassing situations fairly often, and many times I do get food stuck in my front teeth), but I do know that I laughed all throughout the movie and I loved the love story. I saw this movie 4 times in a couple of months, watching it with different family and friends. You can find it on Red Box. I would like to own it.

3. The Young Victoria- I guess you could call this one a historical romance. I love that it's based on true foundation and I think the love story is sweet. You should be able to find this one at a Red Box.

What can I say, I'm a complete sucker for entertaining, clean romances in both books and movies.

1 comment:

Margot said...

I loved Young Victoria. I was surprised at how sweet it was. And I'm excited to see the other two you listed.