Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mockingjay


It is now 1am and I just finished reading Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Game series. The book was a complete disappointment for me. I only stayed up this late reading because Scott is at work(I don't like it when he has to work late and I have a hard time sleeping when he's gone). I am so upset about the ending of this book. I guess I don't mean the end of this book, but the end of this series; rather, this entire last book. Seriously. She should have just added 20 more pages to the last book, Catching Fire, and ended with Peeta getting out and then taking down the capitol right then and there. Peeta was the strong point in the previous books: his steady goodness, loyalty and virtue. And the relationship he made with Katniss. That's why I liked the books. In this book, Peeta doesn't even make an appearance until 200 pages in or half way through the book, and then he's gone mad from being tortured! Hate, hate, hate! I'm sorry. It's late. I'm tired and I just needed to get that off my chest before I go to sleep. Phew! Goodnight!

3 comments:

kelley said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I finished it this weekend while at the beach and the whole drive home I kept spurting things out to Jericho about how much I didn't like the book. I'm with you on the part about Peeta. She took one of the strongest elements of the story and killed it in the 3rd book. She wrapped up the love triangle in about 2 sentences on the last page. And it was soooooo violent with way too many main people dying. It was all I could do to finish after some of the fighting scenes. Urg. I was so mad at this book!

Rachael said...

amen, I totally agree with you!! I was so mad when I read it ! For me it was like a totally diffrent person wrote the 3 rd book. I loved the first two books , and loved THAT author. But not a fan of this last book, total dissapointment.

Shayla Taylor said...

Ditto.