Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heating element


Can you tell what I'm trying to show in this picture besides an oven that's in desperate need of a good cleaning? A few weeks ago I turned on the oven to preheat while I mixed up a batch of zucchini bread. Charlie was sitting at the table and came over near where I was standing at the counter and said, "Mommy, the oven is on fire. There are two fires!" I looked over and sure enough, there were two small fires inside the oven. I quickly shut it off. When I opened the oven door, I noticed that the heating element had begun to melt away. Thank goodness Charlie was in the kitchen with me and noticed the fires before it got out of hand.

Our oven is old and apparently when they get old, things like this happen. Luckily, we were able to replace just the heating element and not the entire oven.

No comments: