Thursday, September 16, 2010

Armor of God



Elisabeth cut out a picture in the Friend magazine of a boy all dressed up in cardboard armor. On his shield was written (in crayon) CTR or Choose the Right. I knew the kids would love to have some CTR shields of their own so for Family Home Evening this week, we made our Armor of God. We didn't make all of the armor as it was a little time consuming, just shields and swords. We read from D&C 27, verses 15-18 about, "putting on the whole armor that ye may be able to withstand the evil day....taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked...and the sword of my Spirit, which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you...and ye shall be caught up, that where I am ye shall be also."

No comments: