Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salmonella again and Char's sandals

When we were first married, some 6 or 7 years ago, I got Salmonella from eating a raw egg in cookie dough. It was not fun. I had major diarrhea for a few days. I swore off eating cookie dough at that time. But, unfortunately, raw egg isn't the only way to get Salmonella, and it seems I got it again. Not from egg this time, but rather chicken that wasn't cooked through all the way. At least, that's what I think is what happened. After I ate the chicken(I was the only one in my family to have eaten it, thankfully), within a few hours the major stomach cramping and diarrhea began. And it continued for a few days and now, 4 days later, it's pretty much completely gone. Hallelujah!

And onto another topic: Charlie's sandals. This incident actually occurred about a month ago, but I forgot about it until my mother-in-law(who is visiting now! yay!) brought it up this week and I want it recorded here for future use.

We bought Char some brown sandals at the beginning of this summer because he needed a bigger size. I got a nicer looking pair so that he'd also be able to wear them to church if he didn't want to wear socks and black shoes in the heat of the summer. He didn't like them. I'm not exactly sure why he didn't like them. They covered his whole foot and looked nice, but either way, he still preferred his old (and much too small) flip flops. Anyway, I'd ask him to wear them and he would if he couldn't find any of his other shoes, including his winter boots, but he was always unhappy when he had to wear them. Then one day, Scott asked him to get the new brown sandals and Char told us he couldn't because he threw them in the recycling and he watched the recycling man empty the contents into the back of his truck. And so, he finally got his message across to us. He really didn't like those sandals. We ended up getting him a new pair of $2 flip flops from Walmart that he loves. :)

No comments: