Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Garden and My Agave Sweetened Zucchini Bread


tomatoes(cherry, roma and celebrity)

zucchini
bell pepper
serrano chili

Our garden is providing some great produce! I love being able to walk out back and pick out some fresh garden vegetables to add to our dinner. We've made fresh salsa three times in the past two weeks! I love fresh salsa! Besides the ones pictured above, we're also growing strawberries, peaches(though we won't get any this year), onions, and potatoes.

I also made some baby food from our zucchini and some crook neck squash that a neighbor gave to us. After I peel, steam and puree the veggies, I pour them into ice cube trays. Once they're all frozen, I take the individual cubes out and stick them in a gallon ziploc bag so that I have individual servings I can use for the future.
Here is a zucchini bread recipe that I put together using agave and half whole wheat flour. We love it!

My Agave Sweetened Zucchini Bread

½ c. vegetable oil

1 1/3 c. agave

3 eggs beaten

2 c. grated zucchini

1 Tbsp Cinnamon

1 tsp. salt

1 Tbsp vanilla

1 ½ c. white flour

1 ½ c wheat flour

¼ tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

Cream eggs, agave and oil. Add zucchini and vanilla. Mix in cinnamon, salt, powder and soda. Add flour. Grease and flour loaf pans or muffin tins and pour mix inside. Cook 1 hour at 325 degrees. Makes 2 loaf pans.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe! There aren't too many agave zucchini bread recipes out there but I'm happy I stumbled across yours.