Saturday, June 12, 2010

Soothie pacifier clip

Jane loves her soothie pacifier, much more than the other kind they sell(Nuk, I think) but when it falls out of her mouth, those things can roll a good distance and are sometimes hard to find. Today I went with a friend and my girls to a little shop and I saw these pacifier clips for soothie pacifiers. I considered buying one; $5 didn't seem too bad. But after a close look, I decided to hold off and see if I could make one myself.
After the kids went to bed, I found some pictures online of the soothie pacifier clips and then went around my house and collected the materials I would need: ribbon in two different sizes, clip, thread, sewing machine, scissors and tape. I wouldn't normally have a clip on hand, but I had kept the Nuk pacifier clip we'd used with previous children, even though I'd thrown the paci's away, so I just cut the clip off from it's ribbon-- which looked old and worn-- and replaced it with my new ribbons and sewed them on. The whole process only took about 20 minutes. I know this may seem like nothing to many of my amazing and awesomely talented sewing friends, but anything that has to deal with me and a sewing machine, I consider quite an accomplishment. And I was so pleased that I was able to make something useful out of scraps I had laying around the house. I'm sure Scott appreciates that, too.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Good job! And Elisabeth's hair looks cute. :)