Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The tub of vaseline is now empty

Char helped me clean up Miss Annabelle's lovely art work. It took a whole lot of toilet paper to scrape off the layers of vaseline on that open cabinet there and on her body and clothes. I paid Char a dime and we put three beans in his jar since he so willingly helped me out. I know, I'm a big spender. He was very pleased and told daddy all about it when he got home from work.



What is it about kids and their love of things like vaseline, desitin and peanut butter? I think all of my kids have gotten into these things at some point in time and wiped and smeared them all over everything they can possibly reach as fast as they possibly can before mom finds them. And yet, when I make pudding for them to finger paint with, they are all of a sudden shy and don't want to get the messy gooey stuff on their fingers or hands but insist on using a spoon and being very clean about it. I just don't get it.

4 comments:

Kimberlyn said...

What a mess, and very guilty looking face. Good for Charlie being such a good helper!

The Horne's said...

OH man....that's sooooooo hard to get out. Ah...good work Elisa!

Aunna said...

I bet her skin is nice and soft!

carrie r. said...

Yikes! So far we have managed to avoid vaseline and desitin, but I can only imagine what a pain that must have been to clean!