Friday, May 28, 2010

Jane's two month appointment

Jane had her two month check up and these are her stats:

Weight: 10 lbs 14 oz, 51st percentile
Height: 23 inches, 74th percentile
HC: 15.4inches, 55th percentile

She's turning into a nice plump little baby! I love her chubby cheeks! She received three shots in the leg and got a total of 6 immunizations. Not fun. There was a lot of crying(I don't blame her; I probably would have done the same thing). But she's okay now.

I talked with her pediatrician about her cow milk sensitivity. She said the best thing for me to do would be to get off dairy completely for a few months(this sensitivity doesn't usually last too long in babies and is usually gone by around 6 months for most) but if that seemed too hard I could also try a probiotic which often times is a powder you mix with breast milk and feed to the baby. I've been told it's a little pricey, so I think I'll try and go off dairy for a little while first. Maybe later we'll try the probiotic. The main symptom for her cow milk allergy is excessive spit up. Except when I have ice cream or sour cream, then she also gets really, really fussy and has even more spit up. I've tried to go without dairy for about a week now, but so far, today is the only day where I actually went 100% without dairy. Not on purpose of course. I just forgot that a frozen yogurt pop was dairy one day, and another day I wasn't thinking when I put some cheeto puffs in my mouth, and another time it was some butter in a recipe and cream of chicken soup in another, and then sweetened condensed milk. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I'm sure once I've done it for a week or so, it'll get easier.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Addy's got a milk sensitivity too. I find it is the worst with ice cream or plain milk. I've eliminated those from my diet but I still eat butter and yogurt. Is that bad? It would be hard for me to go all dairy free but I could do it if I have to. Good luck!