Friday, May 7, 2010

6 weeks




Jane is six weeks today. I can't believe how fast the time has gone since her birth, and yet, it also seems like she's been with us forever and it's hard to imagine life with out her...and I'm glad for that. Jane is such a sweet little girl and we love having her in our home and as a member of our family.

She's been sleeping a little better at night. For the past week or so she's been doing a 5 hour stretch and then a three hour stretch, usually around 3am and 6am. So that's not bad at all. Her day time sleeping is interesting. She sleeps fine during the day, but not in her bassinet or in the crib. She sleeps the longest, during the day, when she's lying in her bouncer on the kitchen counter where all the busyness and chaos happens. When she does fall asleep in there, if I try to move her to her bassinet or move the whole bouncer back into my bedroom with a closed door, she's up within just a couple of minutes. I guess she likes to hear the noises her brother and sisters make during the day; I think that's a good thing, it would be hard if she only slept when everything was quiet. But at night, she sleeps fine in our dark, quiet room, in her bassinet, which is beside my bed.

Jane is at the point now where she will turn her head toward you when you speak to her which is fun to watch. She also smiles, especially when you touch her cheek with a binki or with your nose. She makes some cooing noises which are absolutely adorable, and I try and coax her to do more by copying the sounds she makes.

Jane is still nursing like a champ and from the look of her face and her thighs, I'm sure she must be up a couple of pounds by now. At her 2 week appointment she was up several ounces. They won't see her again until she's 2 months, so in a couple more weeks. I'll post the stats here when we get them.

All in all, everything is going wonderfully and we sure are enjoying our time with baby Jane. Four doesn't seem to terribly scary anymore. I still haven't taken all four out to a public place alone, and I don't think I will for some time still. I have absolutely zero desire to do so. Instead, we play at home, do art projects or play board games, write letters and cook and clean, and we go out in the backyard or to friends houses. We're having fun and it's not stressful for me when we're in the comfort of our home, where Jane can lay and rest while we play. And when she does wake up, we all sit on the couch and take turns holding her and making faces at her and kissing her soft cheeks.

No comments: