Sunday, March 28, 2010

A name and lots of pictures



When Scott and I were married, I worked at a copy center on campus at BYU. I grew pretty close to my boss, Bob; he became like a second father to me. When I was pregnant with Elisabeth, one day Bob and I were talking about baby names and I remember him pulling out his scriptures, and reading this to me:

Helaman 5:6
"Behold I have given unto you the names of our first parents...and this I have done that when ye remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good."

We loved that, and thought it was a great idea. Scott and I decided, that we would always use a family name as either a first or middle name, or both as a way of helping our children establish an identity and get to know their extended family members a little better.

Elisabeth Dorothy was named after my grandmother on my mom's side, Granny Dorothy. Charles Scott, jr. is named after Scott and his father and grandfather. Annabelle Rojean is named after my mom, Granny Rojean, and now, baby Jane Angela is named after Scott's mom, Grandma Angela. All of these family members are/were great people whom we dearly love and we look forward to telling our children stories about the family members they're named after.

Scott and I also seem to like old fashioned names, or names that have stood throughout the test of time and names with strong meaning, which is how some of the first names came about.

Anyway, here are a few more pictures from the hospital and when we first arrived home:

Alright, let's get the first two, gross ones, over with. But I think they'll serve as good motivators for me to start exercising asap.


Annabelle excited to meet her new baby sister. It's so cute the way she says, "Jane".

I think Jane kind of looks like she's from another country, in this picture.

The siblings visited a few times and just couldn't get enough of baby Jane.
Jane and Granny Garnica

Jane, swimming in her newborn clothes.
Big yawn
And another
I really did not like the id stickers they put on the babies thighs. I'm going to write the hospital a letter and send them the picture of the irritated leg after we took the sticker off. Besides the id sticker, baby is also sent home with two id bracelets around the ankles which I think would've been sufficient. I used a sponge to soak the thigh area before I took it off and then I also had to use baby oil which worked even better, so I don't think it hurt her too much, but it was not fun and I felt bad for her poor irritated little red thigh.

Sweet daddy-daughter pictures

Jane seems to have her days and nights confused. Last night she woke up every hour. And today, she's slept almost the whole day, waking up to eat a few times. I tried so hard to do things to keep her awake: talking to her, tickling her feet(which is what I'm doing here in this picture), allowing the three kids to take turns holding her, changing her diaper(which worked for a few minutes), giving her a sponge bath, taking her out in the sun etc. Nothing seemed to work for more than a few minutes. I'll keep trying.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I LOVE the name Jane! And she is adorable! Congrats!

Rachel said...

She is beautiful Elisa! And I love her name. She is so cute I can't wait to meet her. I'm glad the delivery went well. And I can't believe the impeccable timing she had with your mom just arriving! Hope to see you guys soon!!

The Conders said...

Congrats! She is a doll! What great timing she had with your mom coming into town. Glad everything went well. She's beautiful!

Maryann said...

Congratulations! I guess I am a bit behind these days on checking blogs. Your family is beautiful! Oh, I just love those sweet newborns. We love the name Jane too (Rebecca Jane...)